Full-Time Senior Advisor Refugee and Migrant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Senior Advisor, migrant and refugee education
- Based in Wellington
We have a unique opportunity to join our national ESOL, Migrant, Refugee and International team to support the development of Ministry capability and responsiveness through the co-ordination and implementation of support initiatives for migrant and refugee background students, families and communities.
There is a full-time permanent position for a Senior Adviser migrant and refugee education available in the Lower Hutt office.
In this role you will support early learning centres and schools in working to meet the needs of migrant and refugee background students and their families. You will work with senior leaders to ensure access to quality education for migrant and refugee background children and young people.
You will bring expertise in the following:
- Building successful relationships and working with families and communities and other settlement related agencies
- Influencing and working with others to support and implement support initiatives
- Solving complex problems and making decisions to deliver and implement effective services
- Using your evaluative skills to work with data and information to improve educational achievement for all students.
We are seeking people with knowledge, skills and experience in education as well as knowledge of the refugee resettlement and migrant settlement processes. An understanding of English for Speakers of Other Languages Provision in schools would be an advantage. A full driver’s license is a requirement.
If this opportunity interests you, apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role. Please review the position description here. Applications close on Thursday, 25 October 2018.
544 total views, 1 today