Full-Time Senior Advisor Feedback and Complaints – South Island
Senior Advisor Feedback and Complaints
Permanent, South Island based
At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children we’re on a journey to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities.
Our vision is that New Zealand values the wellbeing of tamariki above all else. We believe that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can, and should flourish.
At Oranga Tamariki we support flexible working opportunities, we are fortunate to have some great new technologies coming our way making it easier for you to work from where you need to be.
About the role
The Feedback and Complaints team is responsible for leading the Oranga Tamariki response to feedback, delivering a nationally consistent approach to feedback resolution and ensuring insights gained from feedback received by Oranga Tamariki are effectively utilised to inform service improvement.
We are currently seeking a Senior Advisor for the South Island region who could be based at any of the main southern centres.
The purpose of the role of Senior Advisor Feedback and Complaints is to assess, investigate and respond to feedback and complaints (feedback) received by Oranga Tamariki. This role is central to ensuing feedback received is valued and appropriately responded to, in a timely manner.
This role operates in a complex political environment and involves high profile stakeholder management and influencing to a senior level.
We are keen to hear from you if you have the following:
- A qualification in social work recognised by the Social Worker Registration Board (or an equivalent qualification) is preferred
- Ability to engaging with children and young people as well as engaging with family/ whānau and wider family networks
- Proven successful experience in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, in particular Māori and Pacific Peoples
- Sound knowledge of Oranga Tamariki Act 1989, the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014 and other relevant legislation
- Thorough working knowledge of the machinery of government including issues management and processes
- An understanding of the governance arrangements and public sector context within which Oranga Tamariki works and applies it to judgement and decision making
- Outstanding relationship skills (including conflict resolution, negotiation and mediation), with demonstrated ability to work in collaborative peer and other stakeholder relationships
- Effective investigative and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse and respond appropriately to complex and difficult situations
How to apply
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Gaynor.Brymer@ot.govt.nz
How to ApplyApplications close on Sunday, 9 August 2020. Position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/senior-advisor-feedback-position-description-july-2019-1-.pdf
63 total views, 6 today