Fixed-term Senior Advisor, Community Engagement 2023 Census
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Tēnā koe, tēnā koutou, tēnā tātou katoa. Nau mai ra.
Noa’ia, Mauri, Ni Sa Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Tālofa, Kia orana, Mālō e lelei, Mālō nī, Talofa lava, and warm Pacific greetings to you all.
Mō mātou |About Us
As New Zealand’s national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO’s and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind – mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Census is one of the biggest events the government undertakes. The 2023 Census follows a less successful 2018 Census and requires a significant lift in response rates. Many of those who didn’t respond to the 2018 Census face barriers of language, culture, identity, rurality, and inequality. Your role will be to engage with communities and organisations in your region that can help us reach every person in New Zealand for the 2023 Census.
Mō te tūnga | The role
As one of eight Senior Advisors, you’ll work closely with your Regional Manager and be responsible for establishing, building and maintaining community relationships within your geographical area that will enable and empower more people to participate in the 2023 Census and benefit from the value of high-quality local data.
Operating in a high trust environment, you’ll be given autonomy over your work and leadership of the initiatives accountable for. Our objectives are structured with clear goals that need to be achieved, however how we achieve this engagement is flexible and unique to each region. Collaboration is crucial in our environment, we understand each other’s perspective and come together as a team and share the goals and build on how we work together.
Starting salary: $79,883 – $108,077 negotiable depending on the successful applicant’s experience. Fixed term up until June 2023
Mōu | About you
As an authentic communicator, natural relationship builder and engagement specialist you see relationships as a way of life. During challenging times you’ll be able to work with agility, balance decision making with risk and adapt when things don’t go to plan.
To hit the ground running in this fast-paced programme of work you’ll bring the following:
- Experience, knowledge, and skills in community engagement and community development
- Experience in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of operational projects
- Experience in building stakeholder trust and confidence
- Strong cultural competence; able to understand and respond to the needs of local and regional communities
- Ability to apply critical thinking and resolve problems that arise swiftly
- Bring creative and innovative ideas
- Ability to facilitate to diverse audiences
- Ability to take ownership of your work and be resilient
- Provide excellent support to a regional team
- High level of communication skills
- Experience in event management, digital literacy, communications and media and an interest in data analysis
- Full NZ Drivers Licence and reliable vehicle
Ngā hua ka riro ki a koe | What’s in it for you?
You’ll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- An environment that’s safe
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
How to ApplyMe pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply If the above matches your skills and experience, don't delay, click apply now. Any questions that haven't been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email email@example.com. We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on Sunday 28th November 2021 but may be removed earlier. You may be asked to complete pre-interview screen. Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ. Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process. You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.
132 total views, 2 today