Full-Time Senior Advisor – Commercial Leasing (Wellington OR Auckland)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
- Permanent – full-time
- Build your property portfolio career!
Help shape the future of education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for. every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS), a part of the Ministry of Education, creates and supports safe, healthy, inspiring and ICT enabled learning environments. EIS manages the Crown’s second largest property portfolio of around 2,500 schools with a book value of $17.8 billion, is responsible for. the largest payroll in the country, and transports over 100,000 students to and from school each day.
The Ownership and Occupancy team sits within EIS and is responsible for. leasing and licensing land, disposing of surplus land, managing easements, working with other agencies to manage teacher houses and closed schools, and representing the Ministry of Education in the Treaty of Waitangi settlements process. We are an energetic and supportive team, looking to build a permanent team of property professionals who are motivated to get the job done.
About the role
The Senior. Advisor – Commercial Leasing reports to the Team Leader – Commercial Leasing and Disposals, and is responsible for leading the negotiation and management of leases for land that belongs to other people or agencies, that the Ministry needs to use. You will also be responsible for giving advice on the use and status of land and buildings, and managing the Ministry’s commercial leasing programme.
Your key priorities will include the following:
- Strategically managing the Ministry’s commercial leasing programme (including management of third party leasing providers) and ensuring that critical timeframes are met. Providing guidance and critical analysis on leasing or purchasing options (i.e. business cases, scoping, cost / benefit analysis), servicing both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring leasing processes are documented, identify opportunities for. improvement (including developing linkages across the Ministry), and work to align the process and practice with preferred modes of ownership and occupancy
- Managing projects and the procurement of services associated with the commercial leasing portfolio, and leading critical issue resolution by representing the Ministry’s interests to key leasing stakeholders
Are you a property enthusiast who has a high level of experience (or relevant experience) in this area?
If you thrive in a busy work environment, consider yourself to be an efficient and organised self-starter with a strong work ethic and have a keen eye for spotting business improvement opportunities; this is a terrific opportunity to broaden and deepen your existing property or project management experience in a challenging and rewarding environment.
You will also offer the following:
- Advanced strategic thinking and problem solving skills, with excellent analytical and risk management capability
- Project and/or programme management experience, including experience in the negotiation, acquisition, fitout, renewal, and termination of commercial leases
- Quality relationship / stakeholder engagement, communication and management skills
- Sound knowledge of the Government’s direction, legislative parameters, policy priorities, and budgeting processes
Experience or qualifications in Crown property management including the Public Works Act 1981, or lease management and negotiation is an advantage.
Are you ready to make a difference?,
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi’s guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.
Please review the position description here.
Applications close midnight - Sunday, 1 September 2019.
499 total views, 2 today