Full-Time Senior Advisor Child-Centred Engagement
Senior Advisor Child-Centred Engagement
Job Ref: 30221
Here is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative team within Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, dedicated to ensuring tamariki and rangatahi voices are heard and influence decisions.
About the role:
The tamariki and rangatahi Oranga Tamariki works with are some of the most vulnerable in Aotearoa-New Zealand, often struggling to have their voices heard and respected. The Voices of Children and Young People team, in the Tamariki Advocate Group, ensures tamariki and rangatahi voices are heard throughout the organisation. Using engagement, research, participatory and advocacy practices, the Voices of Children team supports Oranga Tamariki to understand tamariki and rangatahi experiences, needs and aspirations, and to place their voices at the centre of policies, practices and services.
The purpose of this Senior Advisor Child-Centred Engagement role is to:
- Ensure the voices of tamariki and rangatahi Māori are heard and prioritised
- Engage with tamariki and rangatahi of all ages, stages, communication abilities and cultures to understand their experiences, needs and aspirations
- Communicate and advocate for tamariki and rangatahi needs and aspirations to shape policies, practices and services
- Develop and champion engagement practices that support tamariki and rangatahi of all ages, stages, communication abilities and cultures to have a voice
- Educate and build the capability of others in Oranga – Tamariki to ensure tamariki and rangatahi voices are heard and influence decisions
Skills and experience:
We are looking for someone with:
- Significant experience working directly with tamariki and rangatahi aged 0 to 5 years, especially tamariki Māori
- Child development knowledge and expertise, especially in relation to pre-schoolers
- Experience in understanding and advocating for the needs of very young children
- Experience working in a project-environment and ability to develop, manage and deliver projects
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Some ability to speak te reo Māori and a knowledge of tikanga and Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard, and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. Partnering for Outcomes is focused on building and supporting external providers to achieve great outcomes for children and young people.
How to apply:
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact HR_Help@ot.govt.nz
Applications close 24th October 2019.
How to ApplyHow to apply: Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact HR_Help@ot.govt.nz Applications close 24th October 2019.
403 total views, 20 today