Full-Time Senior Adviser Youth
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Senior Adviser Youth
Vacancy Number: SDNO10442
Closing Date: Sunday 9th December
Recruitment Contact: Justine.Alexander@corrections.govt.nz
The Department of Corrections is on a pathway, taking a fresh approach to shape positive futures for Youth involved in the Justice system.
The Senior Adviser Youth is a new position responsible for supporting the newly developed Women and Youth team.
With a real passion for working with Youth. Your key accountabilities will focus on working together with the Principal Adviser Youth in leading and contributing to the development and implementation of new initiatives, Operational design and policy and practice, to enable front line staff to be responsive to and inclusive of youth.
Taking a bigger picture approach to outcomes for Youth you will be utilising your well-developed engagement and relationship skills to provide advice to other staff and collaborate across government, participating in interagency consultation, national, international and working groups.
Key skills and experience required are:
- Working in a youth focused operational setting, with an understanding of their complexity
- Ability to establish and maintain credible relationships
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Facilitation skills
- Visio and service design skills are also desirable
- Understanding of the economic, political, social and cultural context in which Corrections operates, particularly as it relates to youth
- Broad knowledge of the key issues and emerging trends for youth in the justice system
- Knowledge and experience with Maori cultural frameworks and a strong awareness of the implications of the Treaty of Waitangi for strategic and operational policy development
You will have a can do attitude and be a strong team contributor. You will be known as a strategic thinker and someone who can relate to youth at all levels whilst demonstrating diversity and inclusion in your approach.
In return you will relish working in a dynamic, highly motivated team environment with the ability to drive new initiatives forward.
The ability to travel and a current Driver Licence are also required.
All applications must be submitted online via our recruitment system. Please note: Applications that are emailed directly will NOT be considered.
How to ApplyClosing Date: Sunday 9th December All applications must be submitted online via our recruitment system. Please note: Applications that are emailed directly will NOT be considered. Vacancy Number: SDNO10442 Location: Wellington Recruitment Contact: Justine.Alexander@corrections.govt.nz
196 total views, 5 today