Permanent Senior Adviser – Biosecurity Engagement
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Senior Adviser – Biosecurity Engagement
Ma tau rourou, ma taku rourou, ka ora te iwi (with your contribution and my contribution the people will prosper)
- Do you like meeting people and building lasting relationships to achieve a common goal?
- Are you experienced in working with tangata whenua?
- Are you keen to help improve New Zealand’s biosecurity system?
Mō tō mātou rōpū (About our team):
The Biosecurity Surveillance and Incursion Investigation team is looking for a Senior Adviser – Biosecurity Engagement with experience in stakeholder engagement/outreach programmes and/or behaviour change initiatives to join our Aquatic and Environment Health team. General Surveillance is the ‘eyes and ears’ of New Zealand’s biosecurity system, and is critical for achieving early notification of suspected new to New Zealand pests and diseases. The earlier pests and diseases are reported to MPI, the easier it is to do something about it.
Ko te tangata mo tēnei tūranga? (Who are we looking for?):
- Someone with strong relationship building skills with various stakeholders and networks
- Candidate who can maintain positive working relationships through face to face engagement
- Someone who can support the implementation of the General Surveillance Engagement Programme
- Experience in collaborating with and influencing others, including tangata whenua, to achieve results
- A high level of self-motivation and ability to proactively seek opportunities
- Familiarity with New Zealand’s Primary Industries and Biosecurity System
You will be a team player with excellent communication skills, motivation, initiative, and sound judgment with an ability to think outside of the square. You will also have the ability to work under time and political pressure.
Tonu mai inaianei (Apply now):
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be available to interview within New Zealand or via Skype.
The closing date is Sunday 20th October 2019
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Jessica Bradley at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you’ll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you’re growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
How to ApplyPlease apply HERE. If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Jessica Bradley at Jessica.email@example.com The closing date is Sunday 20th October 2019
359 total views, 1 today