Full-Time School Property Advisor – Lower Hutt
- Permanent – full-time
- Relationship management
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS) as a part of the Ministry manages one of the largest property portfolios in New Zealand, composed of over 2,100 primary and secondary State schools and over 8,000 hectares of land with a carrying value of $17.2 billion. EIS is also responsible for managing school payroll, school transport and for the delivery of information communication technology in schools. EIS undertakes around 3,000 projects per annum; a combination of Ministry and School led projects costing at least $800m per annum.
About the role
You will be providing advice and support for the management of a portfolio of schools over the short, medium and long term to meet ongoing and future educational requirements.
Your key priorities will include:
- building and maintaining relationships with school Boards of Trustees to provide guidance and support across a broad range of property issues
- maintaining an awareness and understanding of all infrastructure related activities (e.g. capital works projects, school network upgrade projects (SNUP), transportable classrooms, school transport) for each of your allocated schools
- advising schools of key messages about relevant EIS initiatives and requirements
- working collaboratively across the Ministry to share information including technical knowledge and experience with others so all schools are well supported and there is consistent delivery of service
- providing input into area planning and reporting activities as required.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an exceptional communicator with proven skills in building and managing strong, effective relationships.
You will also offer:
- demonstrated ability to plan and implement initiatives and achieve positive results
- ability to interpret, plainly articulate the intent, and apply policy appropriately
- ability to manage and prioritise competing demands
- relevant professional qualification or experience such as asset management, project management or construction.
Please review the position description attached and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please review the position description here.
If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.Applications close midnight Tuesday, 26 June 2018.
145 total views, 13 today