Full-Time Retail Operations Coordinator
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
Commercial Services, part of Campus Life, provides “quality services to enhance, support and serve the University community” through Events and Conferences, Retail and Catering services, the Campus Card, Goldie Estate and Summer Accommodation services.
We are seeking a Retail Operations Coordinator on a full-time permanent basis, to co-ordinate the delivery of Retail Services across the University. The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the services and standards of over 20 retailers are met across the University.
In this role, you will:
- have a people focus, as you will be working with multiple stakeholders, providing feedback and building relationships as you will be the link between the University and the Retailers.
- have an admin focus as you will be completing compliance checks, audits, stats collection, database management and providing regular reporting using Salesforce
- Have co-ordination focus, as you will look after the delivery of programme initiatives and keep our retailers informed about upcoming initiatives, events and general updates
To view the position description, please click here.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will tick the following boxes:
- Previous experience in a similar role and is confident in their admin and coordination skills
- Previous experience in Retail or Hospitality roles
- A basic food safety hygiene certificate is advantageous but not essential as we can arrange training.
- Experience in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment, with strong relationship building skills
- Highly organised, with the ability to plan and prioritises effectively and manages time
- Takes initiative – spots, acts on and owns opportunities, tackles issues as they arise, sees tasks through to completion.
The work you do will contribute to the overall success of the Commercial Services team. You will be a vital link in ensuring our students are provided with the best possible retail services and experiences while at University.
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university is committed to providing an excellent working environment for staff through:
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday 29th September to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Sunday 29th September
146 total views, 2 today