Full-Time Research Programme Coordinator – Faculty of Engineering
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Research Programme Coordinator
Faculty of Engineering
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university, with a turnover of $1.1bn, including research revenue of over $200m generated across eight diverse faculties and two research institutes. We employ more than 5,400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
The Faculty of Engineering offers a diverse and active community for research at postgraduate level and above. We are proud of our reputation as the producers of quality research outputs, and have established an excellent international reputation, being ranked 38th in the world according to the QS World Ranking 2017. We have an opportunity for a Research Programme Coordinator to join our high performing team.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing an exemplary operational and administrative research support service to allocated researchers throughout the full research lifecycle
- Assisting the researcher to navigate the various research support services available for planning, delivery and implementation of research projects
- Developing and managing the project budget, including re-forecasting, tracking and monitoring.
- Ensuring compliance with client/funder guidelines relevant to monitoring projects against budgets and milestones, and ensuring timely completion of deliverables.
Who are we looking for?
- You will be tertiary-qualified, and have previous experience helping researchers to navigate support services and complex administrative systems
- You will have experience in financial administration, preferably in monitoring budgets
- You will be adept at working collaboratively while having the autonomy to manage your own workload
- You will also be flexible and adaptable in a busy environment with the ability to balancing multiple demands.
For more information, please view the position description.
If you would like to contribute to the high level research conducted at the University of Auckland, apply online today!
The University of Auckland (42,000 students) is New Zealand’s leading university and maintains significant computational, laboratory and analytic facilities. Auckland itself is frequently rated as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Inquiries may be made to Carmella Lee email@example.com
Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email.
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday 12th May 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20664. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Sunday 12th May 2019
294 total views, 1 today