Fixed-term Research Programme Coordinator – 9 Month Fixed-Term
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Research Programme Coordinator
Faculty of Science
9 Months Fixed-term, Full-time
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university, with a turnover of $1.1bn, including research revenue of over $200m generated across eight diverse faculties and two research institutes. We employ more than 5,400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
The Faculty of Science at the University of Auckland is the largest and most highly ranked science faculty in New Zealand. We currently have a vacancy for a Research Programme Coordinator to join our Biological Sciences team and support our researchers with effective research project coordination, navigation of research support services and operational pre and post-award support.
This position is a full-time, 9 months fixed-term contract from June 2019 to February 2020.
- You will be the first point of contact for support, providing a first class administrative and operational service to researchers covering the planning, delivery and implementation of research projects.
- You will collate, review and prepare proposals for submission, including assisting researchers with collecting relevant information and approvals, and ensuring compliance with client/funder guidelines and protocols.
- You will also assist with developing and managing the project budget, including re-forecasting, tracking, monitoring and approving expenditure.
- You will monitor and assist with projects within your portfolio to ensure they are on track and are able to meet their contracted obligations, and take remedial action when they don’t
- You will be central to ensuring compliance with appropriate governance guidelines and policies.
What skills are we looking for?
- Someone who has demonstrated project management experience, with an eye for detail dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Someone who would ideally have good knowledge, and/or previous experience in research management
- Someone who has the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment whilst effectively managing your own workload. You’ll also be flexible and adaptable in a busy environment, balancing multiple demands.
The University of Auckland (42,000 students) is New Zealand’s leading university is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Wednesday 8th May 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20668. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Wednesday 8th May 2019
409 total views, 1 today