Full-Time Research Programme Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university, with a turnover of $1.1bn, including research revenue of over $200m generated across eight diverse faculties and two research institutes. We employ more than 5,400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
The Faculty of Medical & Health Sciences seeks to appoint a Research Programme Coordinator to join the School of Medical Sciences Research Services team. You will be responsible for supporting our researchers with effective research project coordination throughout the research lifecycle, navigation of research support services and operational pre and post-award support.
- You will provide excellent advice and guidance to researchers, along with initial budget costing, ensuring compliance with client/funder guidelines and protocols; enabling them to submit strong, high quality proposals that successfully secure research funding.
- You will build and maintain effective relationships across the University and with key external stakeholders offering exceptional, customer-focused service.
- You will be part of a highly effective team and act as a key point of contact for research related queries within the School, and provide a first class administrative and operational service to researchers covering the planning, delivery and implementation of research projects
- You will proactively manage a portfolio of research grants providing both financial and non-financial post-award support, ensuring that researchers meet their contracted obligations
- You will also assist with developing and managing the project budget, including re-forecasting, tracking and monitoring.
- You will be central to ensuring compliance with appropriate governance guidelines and policies.
- You will participate in contributing to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures
Who are we looking for?
- You will be tertiary-qualified, with previous experience helping researchers to navigate support services within a complex environment involving multiple stakeholders, utilising numerous administrative systems.
- You will be adept at working collaboratively, though with the ability and autonomy to effectively prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines.
- You’ll also be flexible and adaptable in a busy environment, balancing multiple demands to a high level of accuracy, with exceptional attention to detail.
- You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interpret and explain complex policies to non-specialists.
- You will have demonstrable experience of financial systems and processes
- Experience working in a tertiary or research-intensive environment is a distinct advantage.
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is ranked No.1 globally in the inaugural University Impact Rankings by Times Higher Education (THE). This recognises our commitment to sustainability and to making a positive social impact through research and teaching.
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday, 7 July 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: ????. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Sunday, 7 July 2019
325 total views, 1 today