Fixed-term Research Nurse
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Department of Medicine is a part of the University of Auckland’s Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences. Our researchers are recognised internationally for their contributions to scientific knowledge. Through the Auckland Academic Health Alliance, we collaborate with the Auckland District Health Board to provide the highest quality clinical patient-based research, which will lead to meaningful advances in medical care. Within the Department of Medicine the Neurogenetics research group is being established to provide both basic scientific research and clinical research.
A Research Nurse is sought for 6 months part- time for the Neurogenetics Research Group to provide both basic scientific research and clinical research. The role is to provide coordination and assistance with relevant clinical research studies undertaken by the Department of Medicine Neurogenetics Research Group.
- Having day to day oversight of the comprehensive understanding of the study protocol from reading the protocol, attending study meetings and discussion with the Principal Investigator.
- Facilitate transfer of participant information from the Australian research site.
- Collecting participant data and completing study databases.
- Performing clinical tasks associated with the study, e.g. perform ECG, administer IP by intravenous infusion
- Monitor the patient’s safety during IP infusion
- Observe and report adverse reactions to PI and subinvestigator and sponsor.
- Monitoring the progress of studies including current and planned timelines, data collection and data quality.
- Maintaining ethical approval and institutional research approval applications.
- Oversite of external trials pharmacy staff for storage, reconstitution, transport and destruction of IP to sponsor standards.
What we need:
- You’ll need to hold a New Zealand registered nurse with a current practicing nurse
- You’ll have excellent communication skills who is able to manage and prioritise a varied workload.
- Someone with strong computer skills with experience in eCRFs completion, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment where high standards are expected.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to ensure the success of our research programme by generating goodwill and co-operation from participants and other university staff
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday, 30 June 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20800. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Sunday, 30 June 2019
281 total views, 1 today