Fixed-term Research Fellow – Biophotonics – Faculty of Science
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Faculty of Science at the University of Auckland is the largest and most highly ranked science faculty in New Zealand. The Faculty of Science is ranked among the 90 science facilities worldwide by the QS World University Rankings. The 10 departments and schools that form the Faculty represent the breadth and diversity of science in our modern world.
The department of Physics is seeking a highly motivated researcher to work as part of a team across a range of projects from optical coherence tomography (OCT) to spectroscopic fluorescence. The successful candidate will be expected to design, model, build and process data from biomedical imaging systems. More importantly, the candidate is expected to apply these techniques in situations relevant to medical practitioners and/or industry.
The key accountabilities of the role include:
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date academic knowledge of the fields of biomedical imaging relevant to research projects
- Undertake an active, appropriate and viable research programme.
- Publish papers, high quality conference outputs or other scholarly works with the wider Faculty of science and University collaborative teams, in high quality peer-reviewed scientific journals; including both original data and systematic reviews
- Maintaining stocks of optical components and consumable necessary for research tasks and ensure equipment needed is maintained and/or repaired in a timely fashion.
- Contributing to the supervision of graduate students.
The successful candidate is expected to have deep understanding of the basics of light matter interactions. Previous experience with optical coherence tomography or spectroscopy methods would be advantageous.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A PhD in physics, biomedical optics, spectrometry or a related discipline
- Experience in Optical Coherence Tomography or spectroscopy techniques.
- A demonstrated track record of research and skills in biomedical optics, and a substantive record of publications in high impact journals.
Other welcome attributes include: a strong track record of delivering successful outcome in scientific research, excellent communication and presentation skills and an accurate and independent approach to research. For more information, please view the position description
The Faculty of Science is the largest faculty at the University of Auckland, and we can offer the opportunity to expand on your career with New Zealand’s pre-eminent tertiary institute. In addition, the University of Auckland offers:
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro rata)
- A diverse and inclusive workplace culture
- A competitive salary
To indicate your interest in this position, please submit an application online including a combined C.V and covering letter, evidence of your qualifications and publications and the contact information of three referees.
Applications close on 5th October 2018
This is a Fixed Term position and is funded for 2 years.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20107. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Friday 5th October 2018.
379 total views, 1 today