Casual Registered Nurse
The University of Auckland
The University Health and Counselling Service
The University Health and Counselling Service (UHCS) plays an important role in ensuring our team of doctors, nurses, counsellors, psychologists, and support staff are there to help students prevent and overcome personal difficulties relating to their physical and mental wellbeing.
We are currently recruiting for a Practice Nurse to join our team on a casual basis – on demand hours to help cover busy periods based at the City Campus or Epsom Campus.
To be successful in this role you will be a registered nurse with an interest in sexual health, mental health, and supporting a wellness approach. You will be motivated towards providing a quality service and working collaboratively with the wider UHCS team to achieve this.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a challenge, can work comfortably with a wide range of people, and is keen to contribute to health and well-being in the New Zealand tertiary sector.
The successful applicant:
- Will be a Registered Nurse within New Zealand with a current Practising Certificate.
- Will have experience preferably as a Practice Nurse in primary health care and/or emergency care
- Proven clinical experience with young adults and diverse communities.
- Experience with health screening and healthy lifestyle interventions.
- Will be supportive, team orientated with a can-do attitude.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Thursday 31st January 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20408. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Thursday 31st January 2019.
134 total views, 8 today