Full-Time Regional Director Northland
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Senior leadership role, at an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve
- Regional focus, with an opportunity to make a real difference in the community
- Full-time, permanent role, flexibly located in either our Whangārei/Kaikohe/Kaitaia office. Competitive salary + five weeks’ annual leave + free insurances
Mō mātou – Our organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand’s housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders’ lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build Aotearoa’s future.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi – Our role
As a senior leader in the organisation, you will lead our Place-Based team in Northland. Your main deliverable is to ensure development and delivery of Kāinga Ora’s customer and community relationships in your geographic area, overseeing the organisation’s service delivery to those customers and communities, and integrating our activities around regional investment plans based on community and government priorities.
You will play an active role in the Place-Based Leadership team to effectively maintain external relationships, partner with local iwi and councils and understand the local housing and development market. You will lead the team in identifying housing needs, constraints and opportunities, and work with the Regional Investment Planning team to incorporate responses into regional plans.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu – What you will bring:
- Senior leadership experience, with an interest in public housing, land, housing and construction markets
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with local communities across the wider Northland community, and to develop a sound understanding of the region. Existing networks within Northland would be advantageous
- Experience navigating and operating in a regulated environment and working constructively across functions, with a track record of building and maintaining the trust of all stakeholders
- You’ll role model our partnership obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and be experienced working in partnership with iwi, communities, councils and other key stakeholders
As this role requires travel around the Northland region, you’ll hold a clean NZ driver’s licence.
Nōu te rourou – What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks’ annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits
As a Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara – Our values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day.
Our values are:
- Manaakitanga – People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Whanake – Be Bold
Tūhono mai – Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz
Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday, 29 November 2020.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site and enter the job code 53792GJO.
How to ApplyPlease note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close on Sunday, 29 November 2020. We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation. To apply for this job, please go to our job site and enter the job code 53792GJO.
142 total views, 5 today