Fixed-term Regional Director – Auckland South
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Regional Director – Auckland South
Job Ref: 29388
- Senior Operational Leadership
- Drive exceptional performance in a customer centric environment
- Improve the social and economic wellbeing of New Zealanders.
As a Ministry, our aim is to become a trusted and proactive organisation, connecting clients to all the support and services that are right for them, to improve the social and economic wellbeing of New Zealanders.
To achieve this aim we are focusing on three key shifts:
- Mana manaaki– A positive experience every time
- Kotahitanga– Partnering for greater impact
- Kia takatū tātou– Champion long-term social and economic development.
To do this, we have a strong employment focus and proactively look for ways to facilitate New Zealanders into sustainable work opportunities.
As the Regional Director for South Auckland you hold accountability for 11 Work and Income sites and 17 direct reports.
Reporting to the Auckland Regional Commissioner you’ll:
- Provide strong, effective leadership to a team of service centre managers located in sites across the region, ensuring we’re working as together as one (Kotahitanga)
- Lead the operation across all the Work and Income service centres in the region – drive the overall performance of the centres, including the successful implementation of Service Delivery and Ministry initiatives
- Create a welcoming and positive environment for clients and our people where we look after each other (Manaakitanga) and provide a fantastic service to clients and all New Zealanders
- Motivate, inspire and influence those around you to achieve/exceed targets and expectations – and then take time out to celebrate successes (Whakanui)
- Provide guidance, support and training to develop the leadership capability in your teams
- Build relationships (Whakawhanaungatanga) with social service agencies, employers, community groups and industry/providers to make sure we’re tied and delivering an integrated service
- Strive for continuous improvement, always tying our people and how we work back to the ‘why’ we do things (Hononga) and striving for operational excellence.
You demonstrate the following strengths:
- Using strategic thinking, planning and analysis to drive good decision making
- Leadership, management and planning of integrated service delivery operations
- Management experience of senior people across distributed areas
- Stakeholder management of diverse groups
- Working and collaborating with community/industry groups
- Navigating the complexities of social sector issues.
- A cohesive, passionate and diverse team
- Competitive remuneration package and ongoing professional development
- The chance to make a significant, positive impact.
How to apply
APPLY HERE with your CV and answer this question: “As the Regional Director for Auckland South, how would you enhance sustainable employment outcomes for clients?”
If you currently work for MSD, please apply through your myHR careers portal at work.
Applications close: Friday, 16 August at 10pm.
- Click here to view the position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/service-delivery/regional-service-delivery/regional-director-auckland-jun15.docx
- Click here to view Te Pae Tawhiti – Our Future, Statement of Intent 2018 – 2022: https://www.msd.govt.nz/documents/about-msd-and-our-work/publications-resources/corporate/statement-of-intent/2018/statement-of-intent-2018-2022-online-version.pdf
- For a confidential discussion about the role contact Helen Ho on (09) 916 1789.
How to ApplyHow to apply APPLY HERE with your CV and answer this question: “As the Regional Director for Auckland South, how would you enhance sustainable employment outcomes for clients?” If you currently work for MSD, please apply through your myHR careers portal at work. Applications close: Friday, 16 August at 10pm.
619 total views, 2 today