Permanent Quarantine Officers – Auckland
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Would you like a career that is challenging, full of variety, and of critical importance to the future of New Zealand?
- Are you passionate about protecting this beautiful country at the frontline?
- We have vacancies available in Auckland only.
Ministry for Primary Industries, Biosecurity New Zealand are now recruiting Quarantine Officers for 2019!
Our Quarantine Officers are highly trained, every-day New Zealanders doing an extraordinary job for their country. We work with importers, industry, and airlines to ensure that cargo and passengers entering New Zealand are free of biosecurity risk.
The Ministry for Primary Industries, Biosecurity New Zealand helps protect New Zealand’s natural environment, industries and people against exotic pests and diseases. Our Quarantine Officers are passionate people with a very important frontline role.
So what is so good about this job?
- A breadth of work – work at an international airport, port and cargo facility
- Full training is provided (a mix of classroom, and on-the-job training)
- Further Development Opportunities – for those prepared to put in extra effort, there are opportunities in Leadership, Analysis and also Subject Matter Expertise
- Join a high-performing team that are passionate about their job, protecting NZ and living the MPI values
- A great salary with benefits and allowances as you progress your career
What will you offer us?
- We’re looking for passionate, self-motivated people who enjoy a range of tasks and worksites
- You will be fit and healthy as you will be standing for periods of time
- Working indoors and sometimes outdoors will appeal to you
- You will have solid work experience (such as retail, administration or trades), strong communication skills (oral and written), a commitment to customer service, delivering to stakeholders and a desire to work in a continuously changing environment
- You have the ability to perform accurate data entry, as this is a critical component in this position
- An interest or qualification in agriculture, horticulture, forestry, botany, or environmental science
- You must be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of New Zealand to apply for this role. Fluent English is a must with a second language being a bonus.
These roles are highly sought after, so if you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you!
The application process will include the completion of an online application, online questionnaire and uploading of your CV and cover letter, so please allow approximately 30 minutes to submit your application. If you are successful in progressing through to the assessment centre, you will also need to provide a copy of the Ishihara Eye Test at that stage– more information can be found on our website below.
**Please note, there is a 12 month stand-down period if you have attended the Quarantine Officer Assessment previously**
Applications close Friday 31st May 2019.
How to ApplyTo find out more or to apply, CLICK HERE!
1212 total views, 2 today