Full-Time Psychologist/ Special Education Advisor
This position is based in our Kaitaia office.
Nau Mai Haere mai! Enjoy a lower cost of living and escape the rat race. Come and live and work in the beautiful Tai Tokerau/Northland region. Soak up the relaxed lifestyle in a sub-tropical climate, with beautiful beaches, contrasting coastlines and natural wonders.
The Ministry of Education provides support services to pre-school and school-age children through our ORS and Behaviour Services.
The role of a specialist includes the following:
- Working collaboratively with a team around the child, including educators, parents, caregivers and whānau, to enhance understanding about the child and their behaviours, and to collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an effective personalised learning plan
- Helping the adults around the child to make changes to the learning environment so that their behaviour can be more effectively managed and the situation can be stabilised/made safer. This includes supporting the child to develop more pro-social ways of responding, and improve their participation, wellbeing and learning outcomes
- Facilitating access to wider services and support, in response to individual need, for example speech and language therapy and local agencies
You will need the following:
- An ability and willingness to work in collaborative partnership with other professionals, agencies, families and the sector
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to sustain productive professional relationships
- A genuine commitment to evidence based interventions which demonstrate inclusive education practice and contribute to raising student achievement
- Psychologist: New Zealand Psychologist Board registration and a current Practicing Certificate
- Special Education Advisor: a qualified and fully registered NZ teacher. Additional qualifications in Learning Support would be an advantage
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and a commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Experience providing wraparound support plans and working in collaboration with other agencies an advantage
A current driver’s licence is essential and experience in the NZ education system would be an advantage.
If you have the skills and passion to deliver in these rewarding roles then please click on the ‘apply online’ button or go to the Careers at the Ministry of Education link at our website: www.education.govt.nz for job descriptions and to submit an application.
For further information please contact Amanda Walker 09 436 8039.
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role. Please review the position description here. Applications close on Monday, 29 October 2018.
122 total views, 4 today