Full-Time Psychologist or Special Education Advisor – Wellington
- Permanent, full-time or part-time position
- Based in Masterton
We invite applications from Registered Psychologists and Special Education Advisors to apply for the position in our Wairarapa team.
We are seeking candidates who have demonstrable knowledge, experience and skills in supporting children and young people with severe and challenging behaviours and students with High and complex learning needs. Applicants applying for the role must have relevant special education qualifications and/or a current New Zealand Psychologist Board registration.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing a range of assessment and intervention services for children and work with the team around the child, establishing effective relationships with parents, families, whānau, educators and others working in the community.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively to meet goals and objectives
- Knowledge of the curriculum in school
- Knowledge and understanding of inclusive education practices
- Ability and willingness to work co-operatively as a team member in a range of contexts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- A current full driver’s licence as travel is a requirement of the role
As part of your application please include a cover letter together with CV, addressed to Kerry McBride, Service Manager, Ministry of Education.
Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/654392_JobDesc.pdf
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘apply online’ button. For further information please contact Des James on 04 463 2845.
How to ApplyApplications close Thursday, 4 June 2020.
111 total views, 3 today