Full-Time Psychologist – Bay of Plenty
Learning Support, Bay of Plenty-Waiariki
Are you passionate about inclusive education and achieving great outcomes for students with additional learning needs? If the answer is yes and you have the skill set described below then we want to hear from you. This position is based in Tauranga; however, will have some responsibilities across the wider area within our region.
Applications are invited for a Registered Psychologist to join our team which provides services to families, preschool children, school students and facility staff with additional learning needs, intellectual and/or physical disabilities and severe, challenging behaviour.
Proven skills, experience and knowledge of research underpinning working with students with highly challenging behaviour, particularly in secondary settings would be an added advantage.
The successful applicant will be experienced in establishing effective working relationships with parents, families, whanau, educators, and other significant adults working with the young person in order to provide a range of assessment, intervention and support services for students with additional and complex needs.
- Knowledge of the New Zealand school curriculum and early childhood curriculum, Te Whāriki
- Expertise in using a range of assessment and intervention strategies to enhance student academic skills
- Knowledge and experience in curriculum adaptation and differentiation
- Recent successful experience in engaging students who have challenging, learning, and/or behaviour in school, preschool and community settings
- Experience and confidence in delivering group training to parents an d educators is an essential part of the role
- The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of our current Service Delivery Model, and practice will reflect the six element approach
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and ability to work in a way that delivers equitable outcomes for Maori
- Demonstrated ability to engage in culturally respectful ways with Maori students and whanau
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively to meet goals and outcomes
- A current New Zealand driver’s license
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button.
You can view a job description above or for further information please contact Alison Jones at Alison.Jones@education.govt.nz
How to ApplyTo apply, please click here.
Applications close midnight Friday, 3 May 2019.
100 total views, 4 today