NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Ministry of Education, Learning Support
- Bay of Plenty – Waiariki
Are you passionate about inclusive education and achieving great outcomes for students with additional learning needs? If the answer is yes and you have the skill set described below then we want to hear from you. This position is based in Tauranga, however will have some responsibilities across the wider area within our region.
Applications are invited for a Registered Psychologist to join our team which provides services to families, preschool children, school students and facility staff with additional learning needs, intellectual and/or physical disabilities and severe, challenging behaviour.
The successful applicant will be experienced in establishing effective working relationships with parents, families, whanau, educators, and other significant adults working with the young person in order to provide a range of assessment, intervention and support services for students with additional and complex needs.
- Knowledge of the New Zealand school curriculum and early childhood curriculum, Te Whāriki
- Expertise in using a range of assessment and intervention strategies to enhance student academic skills
- Knowledge and experience in curriculum adaptation and differentiation
- Recent successful experience in engaging students who have challenging learning and/or behaviour in school, preschool and community settings
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and ability to work in a way that delivers equitable outcomes for Maori
- Demonstrated ability to engage in culturally respectful ways with Maori students and whanau
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively to meet goals and outcomes
- A current New Zealand driver’s licence
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘apply online’ button. You can view a job description above or for further information please contact Rebekah Wong at email@example.com
Applications close Sunday, 1 July 2018.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.Applications close Sunday, 1 July 2018.
447 total views, 1 today