NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Wellington Region
- Full-time or part time, fixed-term until September 2018
Applications are invited from registered Psychologists for this position in our Wellington Region team, based at either our Porirua or Lower Hutt office, to support our Wellington North area.
The Ministry of Education – Learning Support is seeking candidates who have demonstrable knowledge, experience and skills in supporting children and young people with severe and challenging behaviours and students with severe disabilities. Applicants applying for the role must have a current New Zealand Psychologist Board registration.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing a range of assessment and intervention services to children as well as establishing effective relationships with parents, families, whānau, educators and others working in the community.
Applicants for the position should be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively to meet goals and objectives
- Knowledge of the curriculum in school
- Knowledge and understanding of inclusive education practices
- Ability and willingness to work co-operatively as a team member in a range of contexts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
As part of your application please include a cover letter together with CV and the names of two referees, addressed to Catherine Brabham, Service Manager, Learning Support, Ministry of Education.
How to ApplyPlease visit our website to apply for the role. For further information please contact Des James on 04 463 2845. To view a job description please click here. Applications close on Wednesday, 27 September 2017.
459 total views, 1 today