Full-Time Property Advisor – Auckland
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
- Permanent, full-time
- Relationship management
Help shape the future of education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS), a part of the Ministry of Education, creates and supports safe, healthy, inspiring and ICT enabled learning environments. EIS manages the Crown’s second largest property portfolio of around 2,500 schools with a book value of $17.8 billion, is responsible for the largest payroll in the country, and transports over 100,000 students to and from school each day.
About the role
You will be providing advice and support for the management of a portfolio of schools over the short, medium and long term to meet ongoing and future educational requirements.
Your key priorities will include the following:
- Working with individual School Boards of Trustees in developing an asset management plan so they are effectively managing and maintaining their school property and infrastructure
- Developing effective relationships and trust with schools
- Following and working within Ministry and EIS policy, procedures and guidelines and providing the right advice to schools
- Working collaboratively across the team to share technical knowledge and experience with others so all portfolios are well supported and there is consistent delivery of service
- Working collaboratively with other teams within the Ministry and EIS to provide effective property and infrastructure solutions that support teaching and learning
Please note there is further information available in the attached job description.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an exceptional communicator with proven skills in building and managing strong, effective relationships.
You will also offer the following:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement initiatives and achieve positive results
- Ability to interpret, plainly articulate the intent, and apply policy appropriately
- Ability to manage and prioritise competing demands
- Relevant professional qualification or experience such as asset management, project management or construction
If you’d like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that’s continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we’d love to hear from you.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi’s guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at email@example.com
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.
Please review the position description here.
Applications close midnight Sunday, 28 July 2019.
113 total views, 3 today