Fixed-term Projects and Team Co-ordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Projects and Team Co-ordinator
(fixed term role with extension possibilities)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
This newly developed national role will support new and existing business opportunities for Toi Tangata. The position will undertake co-ordination of the team and assist with further development/extension of our current programmes. The role will help implement the updated Toi Tangata strategy, taking the ideas and action and translating into tangible work activities and outcomes.
The Kaimahi we are looking for is someone who has strategic health, education or community development sector knowledge/experience. The applicant should have experience in project management/co-ordination, proposal writing and funding applications, expertise in te reo Māori me ona tikanga, and digital skills.
This is a fixed term position to 31 July 2020, with possibilities for extension (subject to funding).
Toi Tangata is a national Māori Nutrition and Physical activity provider with a mission to support whānau and communities to strengthen their capacities and connectedness with knowledge and skills to improve wellbeing. www.toitangata.co.nz
About the role
This newly developed role includes tasks as delegated by the CEO which align with the Board’s updated strategic plan. We are a small team and are looking for a person who is agile, flexible, a team player, and an awesome attitude. As well as assisting with project proposal and funding applications, the position will also provide co-ordination of the team that deliver our Kai, Wai and Koritinana programmes. It also includes information dissemination and knowledge exchange from/to Toi Tangata with a range of Stakeholders. The role also involves Quality assurance activities, including reporting and measurement.
The position will be based in the Toi Tangata Office in North West Auckland. As a national provider, occasional travel will be required. This is a great role with a small, innovative and committed team. We have an awesome kaupapa, updated strategic plan and good workforce development opportunities.
These tasks (although not limited to) include;
- Supporting the CEO with proposal/grant writing and the development of new innovation
- Team Co-ordination, planning and facilitation
- Quality control activities such as policy review, reporting and evaluation
- Building positive relationships with a range of key stakeholders
- Innovate new ideas and activities to extend reach and enhance effectiveness
- Communication and advocacy activities including the collection of research data to support Toi Tangata positions (in conjunction with the team)
- Assist and/or Co-ordinate information dissemination and knowledge exchange from Toi Tangata with a range of Stakeholders
- Develop, maintain and monitor programme documentation
- Assist in team activities as/when required
- Other tasks as directed by the CEO
The person we are looking for will have a positive approach, with a ‘can do’ attitude and ability to adapt to the changing needs of the organisation.
- Tertiary qualification in Health/Education/Business or Community Development
- Ability to evaluate technical or specialised information from a Māori perspective
- Ability to think strategically and contribute effectively to programme delivery and strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in english and te reo Māori
- Experience within the Health, Education or Community development Not For Profit Sector
- Project management and Co-ordination skills
- Proposal/Grant writing and/or research proposal experience
- Team player
- Outcome/solution focused
- Pro-active and demonstrates good initiative
- Thinks innovatively and looks at the wider perspective and new approaches
- Excellent grasp of digital tools, including the Google suite, Microsoft powerpoint, excel and word, zoom, instagram, facebook. Additional ICT skills an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a range of stakeholders, including understanding different stakeholder’s motivations, and the ability to influence and persuade
- Communicates in a mana-enhancing way
- Full driver’s license
- Role modelling and commitment to a healthy lifestyle
- Commitment to the parakore kaupapa
If you have a passion for our kaupapa of Tangata Tu Tangata Ora, and you meet the requirements above, email your curriculum vitae with contact details before August 30th to Matire Seath firstname.lastname@example.org or ph: 021 2412641 or 09 638 5800.
How to ApplyIf you have a passion for our kaupapa of Tangata Tu Tangata Ora, and you meet the requirements above, email your curriculum vitae with contact details before August 30th to Matire Seath email@example.com or ph: 021 2412641 or 09 638 5800.
894 total views, 1 today