Fixed-term Programmes & Operations Manager – Fixed Term
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Sport and Recreation team provides sporting, fitness and wellbeing services to students and staff, allowing them to maintain a healthy lifestyle, participate in sporting competition and socialise with friends while pursuing academic goals. The Recreation Centre provides extensive facilities and exercise services at affordable membership rates. Sports leagues, fitness training and recreation programmes provide opportunities for all students and staff to participate in sport and recreation whilst at University.
Sport and Recreation are going through an exciting new change where we will be transitioning into a new facility. This will become one of the the largest multi-use facilities for sport and recreation in New Zealand. This new Recreation and Wellbeing Centre will be opening at the Universities city campus, 2024.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
We are currently recruiting for an Operation and Programmes Manager to cover parental leave over a period of approx 10 months. This role contributes to the campus experience by developing the range, depth and quality of recreation and wellbeing opportunities for staff, students, alumni and community members. As a successful applicant, you will develop and maintain a culture of innovation and excellence within the recreation centre which provides an active and vibrant facility that meets or exceeds the needs of our customers. You will also ensure that customers and staff operate in a safe environment ensuring health and safety and legislative compliance standards are met. Manage the operations of the Recreation facilities and programmes to ensure that they contribute to the delivery of the Sport and Recreation strategy.
Key accountabilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Innovation & strategy
- Stakeholder service and programming
- Operational and change management
- Financial management
- Marketing and communications.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- Relevant higher education qualification, preferably a fitness or recreation specific undergraduate or postgraduate qualification.
- Proven fitness and recreation leadership experience in a large complex organisation, including 3-4 years at management level.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in change management and working co-operatively.
- Ability to manage the operations of a large customer-facing facility.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in planning and delivery of a diverse range of programmes and services.
- Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of stakeholders and customers.
- Proven ability to work collegially in partnership with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Experience working in partnership with students and staff within a tertiary environment and an understanding of their drivers and values would be an advantage.
- Experience and understanding of the University’s risk management, project management methodologies and other university-related information systems would be an advantage.
Why work with us
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- 6.75% superannuation employer contribution
We also offer a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, discounted childcare and several other discounts on internal and external services.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of the Sunday, 24th July 2022.
Please include your cover letter and/or CV highlighting how you can meet the skills and experiences detailed above.
In response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government imposed travel restrictions but have recently announced a five-step plan for a phased border re-opening. This phased re-opening will take some time and this may alter the nature of the standard interview process for offshore candidates, particularly at the on-site interview stage. To see how this might affect your application and for more information and updates on the border restrictions and phased re-opening, please visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Sunday, 24th July 2022
151 total views, 1 today