Full-Time Programmes Lead & Curriculum Specialist (Pasifika)
Programmes Lead & Curriculum Specialist (Pasifika)
- Trailblazers in the Pasifika communities
- Based in the heart of South Auckland
- Dynamic education provider
Be responsible for the information and resources required to implement programmes and policies.
The Pasifika Education Centre (PEC) a Charitable Trust and Private Training Establishment (PTE) established in 1978 to deliver services to Pacific families in Aotearoa, New Zealand. It is New Zealand’s only NZ Qualifications Authority (NZQA) Registered PTE with NZQA Approved training schemes, specifically dedicated to teaching Pacific languages.
PEC delivers adult community educational programmes funded through the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) targeted at Pacific learners with the overall goal of thriving Pacific languages, cultures and identities, as well as cultural competency programmes to share our Pacific cultures with other New Zealanders.
We are seeking an innovative, experienced Programmes Lead & Curriculum Specialist (Pasifika) to join the team. Reporting to the Chief Executive; you will be responsible for the quality provision of the curriculum for all courses and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies. You will be experienced in planning and reporting, you will know how to optimise student achievement by developing and maintaining a quality teaching platform and ensure consistency across PEC whilst fulfilling the vision of the organisation.
You will not only be an expert in this field, but you will be passionate about education, learning, people, and the community. Your communication style and relationship management skills will shine as you foster and maintain strong relationships, with key government agencies, Pacific agencies and governments, relevant educational institutions, Pacific communities, leaders, churches, families, potential and enrolled learners.
In addition, you will:
- Show resilience, flexibility and be capable of operating within a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Possess a degree-level/higher qualification in fields relevant to education, teaching, languages, or Pacific Studies.
- Demonstrate expertise in creating online/digital, training material and resources.
- Have proven experience in the development of curriculum, teaching materials and programme management, within an education environment (preferably at tertiary level for adult learners).
- Be experienced in data management, planning and reporting.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills to develop, motivate and empower the teaching team towards achieving goals.
- Have the proven ability to manage the delivery of quality, NZQA-approved Pacific languages programmes/courses (training schemes), whist ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements (NZQA, TEC, ITP & PEC Academic Committee).
- Demonstrate a high level of computer literacy across Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Canva and Student Management Systems.
- A full, clean drivers licence.
As the successful applicant, you will have people management experience and strong leadership skills to develop, motivate and empower the academic team towards delivering high-quality programmes and courses; and achieving goals.
Diversity is celebrated and embraced at PEC. As such, you will demonstrate a working understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the application of its principles and have an affinity to Pasifika cultural values and beliefs. The ability to speak a Pasifika language would be an advantage.
Please contact Violetta for a confidential conversation on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated CV and covering letter through to email@example.com
Applications Close: Monday 30th September 2019 at 5pm.
How to ApplyPlease contact Violetta for a confidential conversation on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated CV and covering letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications Close: Monday 30th September 2019 at 5pm.
520 total views, 4 today