Fixed-term Programme Manager – Professional Development – Wellington
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Programme Manager Professional Development – Youth Justice
Fixed-term (or secondment two years), full-time, Wellington
Are you passionate about your design and delivery of effective plans that result in better outcomes for youth?
At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, we work with whānau and communities to get the best outcomes for our children and young people. It is challenging, and we are passionate about it.
About the role
Reporting to the Director Youth Justice Transformation’s, The Programme Manager Professional Development will lead professional and therapeutic programme development strategies and initiatives to provide quality services for tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau, as well as responsibility for programme performance and reporting, quality assurance and ensuring effective relationships with key stakeholders.
In this role you will lead a team dedicated to creating and delivering training and therapeutic programmes within Youth Justice services whilst ensuring the consistent delivery of high-quality designs and resources on time and in budget.
To be successful, you will have the following:
- Strong programme management skills, programme design experience and a collaborative approach to development and delivery
- A qualification in project management or experience in project management in the public sector
- Change Management and Professional Development Management experience
- Ability to develop effective partnerships and maintain relationships through excellent communication with multiple stakeholders from a range of cultures, specialist backgrounds and agencies
- Flexibility to adapt within an ever-changing environment
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns, in particular, knowledge of tikanga Māori and Pacific peoples’ culture
- Experience managing risks and establishing business framework
- Understanding of Therapeutic and Youth Justice programmes
In return we are offering a position that gives the satisfaction of helping young people turn their lives around and realise better outcomes for themselves and whanau. This role offers a competitive annual salary.
How to ApplyHow to apply Apply online by clicking the 'apply' button on our careers page, please include your CV, cover letter and any other relevant documentation. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal. Please note all applications must be made online. For any queries, please contact email@example.com Applications close Monday, 8 June 2020. Position description: https://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/programme-manager-professional-development-final-14.05.2020.pdf
342 total views, 1 today