Full-Time Programme Lead – Projects and Implementation
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Programme Lead – Projects and Implementation
- Lead and oversee a wide range of environmental projects
- Develop the capacity and capability of Raukawa hapū and marae
- Key cultural and operational support
Raukawa kia mau, kia ora – A thriving Raukawa iwi
Located in South Waikato, Raukawa are a progressive post-settlement iwi currently expanding Pūtake Taiao, our Environment Group. We are looking for passionate, experienced and innovative professionals who are strongly committed to delivering exceptional outcomes and futures for our Raukawa communities.
Raukawa is in the implementation phase of several key internal policy documents including Te Rautaki Taiao (Raukawa Environmental Management Plan), Ngā Wāhi Tūturu cultural landscape project, Raukawa Fisheries Plan and the co-management framework for the Waikato River. As such, we are looking for an experienced professional possessing both strategic vision and a grounded outlook to own a senior role within the team.
You will be responsible for leading and overseeing the team focused on the development and implementation of a wide variety of environmental projects which specifically seek to develop the capacity and capability of Raukawa hapū and marae; and improve the health of the environment with the Raukawa takiwā. Implicit in this role is the provision of key cultural and operational support for Pūtake Taiao and the wider work programme.
You will have proven senior project management experience, having successfully led and managed a variety of projects and initiatives. Experience in engaging and supporting marae and hapū is highly desirable, as will be the ability to translate Māori knowledge and world views into the mainstream environmental sector and vice versa. Preferably you will have a level of proficiency in Te Reo Māori, or at least be committed to enhance and develop your language skills, with our support.
A high level of self-motivation, flexibility and initiative is essential, along with exceptional communication and strong interpersonal skills. This role would appeal to someone with experience in resource management, landscape architecture, primary industries or related sectors.
This position will focus on:
- Leading and overseeing the Projects and Implementation team, within Pūtake Taiao.
- Leading the design, planning and implementation of environmental projects with a marae and hapū focus.
- Providing leadership within Pūtake Taiao, and contribute to developing capability within the group.
- Maintaining and building robust relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
This role would appeal to someone who has:
- A relevant post-graduate tertiary qualification.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Previous project management skills and experience.
- A high level of initiative, flexibility, accountability and sense of humour.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills with a high level of self-awareness.
- An ability to work successfully with hapū and marae.
This is an influential role and will provide a significant opportunity to make a real contribution to the future of Raukawa. The role is based in Tokoroa; however our team have a strong Waikato regional presence and will be open to exploring flexibility around this requirement.
There will be travel required so a full clean driver’s licence is essential.
Applications close on Monday the 9th July 2018 at 5.00pm.
How to ApplyPlease send your CV with accompanying cover letter through to Heather Walker email@example.com or make direct contact on Ph: (09) 632 1108 for a confidential conversation or for a copy of the job description. Applications close on Monday the 9th July 2018 at 5.00pm.
2670 total views, 5 today