Fixed-term Programme Lead – Digital Skills for the Workplace
Programme Lead – Digital Skills for the Workplace
We’re looking for someone to join our Digital Skills for the Workplace Team as a Programme Lead on a fixed-term contract until December 11th, 2021.
About The Mind Lab
The Mind Lab is New Zealand’s dedicated Postgraduate Facility for Contemporary Education. Our vision is to create impactful futures by aligning digital skills and capabilities with the demands of the contemporary world. Our mission is to lead New Zealand education, to share knowledge, to collaborate, and to build partnerships in order to achieve sustainable, impactful change.
Programme Lead for Digital Skills for the Workplace is a key role in the organisation due to the recent need for New Zealanders to upskill in digital skills.
Digital Skills for the Workplace is a level 7, 7-week NZQA micro-credential that aims to build skills, knowledge and confidence in those wishing to improve their digital skills and understanding.
The Programme Lead will lead by example as they develop the capability and talent of level 7, students who are looking to improve their digital skills. This includes people who may own their own businesses, be part of large corporations, or simply keen to keep up with the changing times. The students range from the early 20s through to 70s based all over the country.
Key attributes and skills
- Leading a level 7 programme that focuses on building digital capability, skills and knowledge for small business owners and others looking to grow their digital skills
- Provide patience with teaching those who come from all sorts of backgrounds, ethnicities and ages
- Be responsible for the operational and academic quality of the programme
- Be an optimistic, positive employee who leads the Digital Skills for the Workplace team of facilitators, markers and programme coordinator.
First and foremost the Programme Lead – Digital Skills for the workplace will encourage and inspire those who are on their digital journey to learn new skills and knowledge so that they can grow and build confidence in whatever work environment they find themselves in. The programme lead will also be empathetic towards those that may have recently been made redundant and are putting themselves forward to upskill in order to attract new employment opportunities.
The Programme Lead will be a highly-organised, operationally and output focused leader, with a natural passion for people, digital marketing, tools, technology, and supporting people on their journey. They will be well-read, open-minded, supportive and able to work collaboratively with diverse thinkers, different cultures and with people who bring different perspectives.
The Programme Lead will thrive in an energetic and progressive education and work environment where problem-solving and working collaboratively is an everyday occurrence and where open discussion, debate and conversation is shared widely and freely without judgement or expectation.
This position is responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of the Digital Skills for the Workplace programme including:
- Manage external contributors, guest speakers to meet the learning outcomes of the programme
- Oversee the taught content, delivery of broad and diverse topics that provide a holistic and balanced view of digital technologies and platforms and remain platform agnostic
- Facilitate the ‘general’ cohorts for the DSW programme. Co-facilitate with industry experts for the ‘small business’ cohort
- Evaluation and oversight of programme contributors to ensure students are challenged, informed and presented with credible, accurate and insightful, relevant content
- Manage DSW team (hire, train, support, staff appraisals, leave etc)
- Oversee student support and management. Work with the facilitators, programme coordinator and Student Director to ensure the full student experience is working well and process are being followed
- Responsible for moderation
- Responsible for overseeing marking as well as marking assessments
- Liaise with Executive and Support team
- Liaise with Academic Quality Working Group
- Liaise with National Postgraduate Director, National Academic Manager
- Liaise with the Student Success team
- Liaise with the Marketing & Communications team
Student & Quality Focused
- The Programme Lead will remain research active and contribute to and participate in relevant learning and research opportunities
- The Programme Lead is responsible for liaising with the academic team to oversee all academic quality processes.
- Guidance across delivery, online content, support and supervision for online sessions including the identification of possible student support
- Oversee student assessment and moderation: Oversight of and support for the effective, consistent review of participant/student submissions, and critique of assessments. This role includes the regular review of rubrics for cultural appropriateness, integrity and impact.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Trusted and proven experience in teaching digital tools and skills
- Experience as a facilitator, lecturer or presenter to an adult audience
- Contemporary knowledge of digital technologies, collaborative ways of working, challenges faced by the small business community
- Experience in supporting students and giving guidance and feedback
Key areas of capability and contribution:
- The ability to lead a team of contributors
- Active support for closing the digital divide in New Zealand ensuring that no one gets left behind – support all adult learners on the programme no matter where they are on their digital journey
- Continually reflect and develop pedagogies, practices, and policies that create inclusive learning environments for all
- Commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the bicultural foundations of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Supporting participants to identify particular Māori values that are significant for their setting, including manaakitanga (caring, friendship, love and nurture), whānaungatanga (relationships and responsibilities), and rangatiratanga (leadership, confidence, self-determination)
- The ability to critically analyse key challenges and opportunities in contemporary practice (sector agnostic) and generate solutions and strategies to advance knowledge and practice.
Reporting to: National Postgraduate Director. The Programme Lead will also be a key member of the leadership team.
How to ApplyPlease send your C.V and cover letter (or video) to email@example.com before Friday 13th March 2021
313 total views, 6 today