Full-Time Programme Facilitators – Auckland and Northland Region
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Programme Facilitators – Tokotaha Faipolokalama – Foeuli o le Polokalame
Roles in Auckland Region and Northland Region
Tuungia te ururau Burn away the overgrowth
Kia tupu whakaritorito To enable the new growth
Te tupu o te harakeke To grow and flourish
Our Programme Facilitators come from different backgrounds, cultures, education and experience – but they all share the ability to motivate and work alongside others to support them to make positive changes in their lives. We are currently seeking interest from people who enjoy working collaboratively, are passionate about changing thinking, providing guidance and walking alongside those in our care to educate as they walk their journey of rehabilitation, and who are interested in their own development.
What does a Programme Facilitator do?
In this valuable role, you will deliver a range of clinically designed therapeutic programmes either individually or with a co-facilitator. We have a range of programmes specifically designed for our Maori and Pacifika people and you will utilise your own culture, language and learnings to guide others.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
You will be someone who enjoys working with people and are committed to assisting others to gain insight into their harmful behaviours. It is a role for someone who wants to facilitate change through questioning and guiding. This is not a role for someone who just wants to direct, instruct, or teach people. Needless to say, you’ll also be an excellent listener!
You will also need to enjoy giving and receiving feedback about your practice, and be open to the challenge of embracing your own development.
We are seeking people who:
- Are effective listeners and communicators and who have the ability to build strong positive relationships with participants and other stakeholders.
- Ideally have eperience in delivering and facilitating therapeutic interventions, either individual or, ideally, group therapy
- Have life experience that means you can work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and ethnic groups
- Have knowledge, or are willing to learn about Maori & Pacifica culture, protocols and peoples and apply kuapapa Maori practice in your work
- Are comfortable having their practice viewed and receptive in receiving and utilising regular feedback on their practice
- Have experience with report writing
- With a full NZ Drivers Licence
Why Ara Poutama – Department of Corrections?
We can offer you the opportunity to be part of a supportive, specialist team who work in our unique environment. As a member of our team, your ongoing development is important, and we will provide you with support including clinical and cultural supervision to grow your therapeutic facilitation skills.
We will give you full training in facilitation skills, cognitive-based therapeutic programme principles and delivery and the support you need to be part of a team working to make communities safer.
For those who reach the interview stage interviews will be held on the 10th of December 2019
Rangatira – Taitaiga – Manaaki – Va fealoai – Wairua – Faaleagaga – Kaitiaki – Faamalumaluga – Whanau – Aiga
CLICK HERE to view the position description.
How to ApplyApply now HERE. Applications close: 19th November 2019.
509 total views, 2 today