Full-Time Professorial appointments – Management, Entrepreneurship and Marketing
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Professorial appointments – Management, Entrepreneurship and Marketing
- Teaching, research and comfortable to take on a leadership role in 1-3 years
- A focus on social impact
- Join New Zealand’s second largest Business School with a reputation for innovation and flexibility
- AUT is now ranked in the top 1.2% of all universities worldwide
AUT’s Business School, part of our Faculty of Business, Economics and Law, has a reputation as a leading provider of innovative undergraduate and postgraduate business education; with strong links to business, employers and professional bodies. Accredited by AACSB, the Business School has over 4500 students and over 160 academic staff – and is ranked in the world’s top 200 for Business and Management Studies (QS Rankings 2018). Our programmes include a very successful Bachelor of Business, research and course-work master’s degrees and a strong doctoral degree. AUT is one of the world’s top 30 millennial universities, is New Zealand’s youngest and fastest growing University – and is situated in Auckland which is ranked as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
We are seeking to appoint forward-thinking Professors to make significant contributions to our social impact agenda within and across a range of disciplines. Dependent on your expertise, we expect you might have a home-base in one of our Departments of Management, International Business, Strategy and Entrepreneurship or Marketing. These positions have a genuine focus across teaching, research and service – and work within highly engaged departments whose research is contemporary, relevant for the real world, and underpinned by industry partnerships.
You will conduct high-level scholarly research as well as translate and communicate research to wider audiences, communicating with industry and establishing examples of impact and analysis. You will supervise postgraduate students and support the development of their research. Roles also retain appropriate teaching loads within our authentic practice-based learning environments. You will provide strategic advice and support on key departmental and faculty projects within teaching and learning and research and scholarship, and have the potential and willingness to take up a future substantial leadership role as opportunities arise (such as founding or running a research centre, a secondment to Head of Department or a faculty leadership role).
Your organised, disciplined approach enables you to work at speed through high volumes of work and you’ll work with others using a strengths-based approach to produce the best results. You’ll value diversity and work inclusively. A resolute, robust and positive attitude is essential.
Please note: A full candidate information pack for this role is available on the AUT Careers site.
Applications and Key Selection Criteria
We welcome applications from current Professors (or Associate Professors of high standing) in Management, Entrepreneurship or Marketing (or closely related fields) who have significant research focus and can demonstrate contributions towards social impact.
We request applicants send their CV and a statement addressing the following key selection criteria:
- Sustained excellence in teaching and contribution to graduate and postgraduate programmes including the supervision of Honours, Masters and PhD students.
- A research and scholarship record of sustained excellence and a recognised contribution to the academic field at a national and international level. Please also highlight your research focus and contributions towards social impact (broadly or narrowly defined).
- A track record of successful research grant applications and strong writing and organisational skills.
- Experience in establishing effective and enduring relationships with business, government, professional groups and the wider community.
- Sustained outstanding competence in academic leadership and service (required to be appointed to the professoriate).
- PhD in a relevant business field
- Applicants are welcome to add further comments of their own, which they feel of relevance to the role and its requirements.
For enquiries of an academic nature: contact Professor Kate Kearins, Dean of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law firstname.lastname@example.org
For recruitment enquiries: contact Mike Wood, Executive Recruitment Partner email@example.com. Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process by clicking here.
- Closing date: Sunday, 9 December at 23:55pm (NZST)
- Interviews will take place in January 2019. Ideally, we anticipate the successful candidate ideally starting mid-late 2019.
The AUT Business School is committed to achieving greater diversity and welcomes applications from all, including in particular, suitably qualified individuals from underrepresented groups.
How to ApplyPlease note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process by clicking here. For further information, please contact Mike Wood firstname.lastname@example.org. For enquiries of an academic nature: contact Professor Kate Kearins, Dean of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law email@example.com Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
612 total views, 1 today