Full-Time Professional Teaching Fellow – Science
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Professional Teaching Fellow – Science
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Mathematics
- Advert Closing Date: 12/11/2019
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55565176
The Department of Mathematics is the largest and strongest in New Zealand with thriving undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes and a strong PhD programme. Our staff leads ground-breaking research which is recognised internationally spanning pure mathematics, applied mathematics and mathematics education.
The Department of Mathematics invites applications for Professional Teaching Fellow to join our team in January 2020.
The successful applicant will particularly be focused on the Tuākana programme, which provides learning support for Māori and Pasifika students. You would join an extremely talented, diverse and collegial team of Professional Teaching Fellows with backgrounds ranging from PhDs in mathematics to stellar teachers from the secondary education sector.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in Mathematics, Mathematics Education or a closely related field is desirable.
- A postgraduate degree in Mathematics, Mathematics Education or a closely related field is essential.
- You will have excellent teaching skills and be a highly-motivated, team player with leadership potential.
- You will have a strong interest in providing learning support for Māori and Pasifika students. Fluency in a Pacific language would be desirable
The University of Auckland (42,000 students) is New Zealand’s leading university. Auckland itself is frequently rated as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Inquiries may be made to Professor Steven Galbraith email@example.com
Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email.
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of 12th November 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Tuesday 12th November 2019.
86 total views, 2 today