Cadetship / Internship Procurement Leader – Christchurch
- Permanent, full-time
- An interesting and challenging procurement opportunity!
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS), a part of the Ministry of Education, creates and supports safe, healthy, inspiring and ICT enabled learning environments. EIS manages the Crown’s second largest property portfolio of around 2,500 schools with a book value of $17.8 billion, is responsible for the largest payroll in the country, and transports over 100,000 students to and from school each day.
About the role
The Procurement Leader will be part of the Ministry’s Capital Works team and will report and provide support to the Senior Procurement Team Leader – Capital Works Northern. The role requires co-ordination and delivery of ‘end to end’ procurement activities as well as identifying and implementing areas of improvement through the procurement of design and construction services.
Your key priorities will include the following:
- Developing strong relationships with relevant stakeholders to help understand service requirements and refine specifications to form tender documents, and help deliver value for money outcomes
- Monitoring the delivery of services over the duration of a contract and ensuring supplier performance is being managed and reported appropriately
- Coordinating the ‘end to end’ tender process for large volumes of procurement activity
- Ensuring that procurement data and information is maintained
- Carrying out analysis of benchmark data to drive better commercial outcomes
Please note that there is more information available in the attached position description.
You will be able to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and will have the ability to prioritise and multi-task in an environment where workloads can escalate quickly. A ‘can do’ attitude is important and experience in the public sector and/or the construction industry would be advantageous.
You will also offer:
- Good commercial nous – an understanding of what drives good service value and how to identify and minimise key commercial risks
- Impeccable time management and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally a tertiary or industry qualification in a related field
- Some experience in data analysis and reporting
This opportunity will provide the right candidate with interesting and challenging work and the ability to develop and grow their career.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role. Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/619191_JobDesc.pdf
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at email@example.com
Applications close midnight – Wednesday, 27 March 2019.
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role. Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/619191_JobDesc.pdf For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close midnight - Wednesday, 27 March 2019.
127 total views, 6 today