Full-Time Procurement Leader – Auckland
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Permanent full-time position
- An interesting and challenging procurement opportunity!
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS) as a part of the Ministry manages one of the largest property portfolios in New Zealand, composed of over 2,100 primary and secondary State schools and over 8,000 hectares of land with a carrying value of $17.2 billion. EIS is also responsible for managing school payroll, school transport and for the delivery of information communication technology in schools. EIS undertakes around 3,000 projects per annum; a combination of Ministry and School led projects costing at least $800m per annum.
About the role
The Procurement Leader will be part of the Ministry’s Capital Works team and will report and provide support to the Senior Procurement Team Leader – Capital Works Northern. The role requires co-ordination and delivery of ‘end to end’ procurement activities as well as identifying and implementing areas of improvement through the procurement of design and construction services.
Your key priorities will include the following:
- Developing strong relationships with relevant stakeholders to help understand service requirements and refine specifications to form tender documents, and help deliver value for money outcomes
- Monitoring the delivery of services over the duration of a contract and ensuring supplier performance is being managed and reported appropriately
- Ensuring that procurement data and information is maintained.
- Carrying out analysis of benchmark data to drive better commercial outcomes
You will be able to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and will have the ability to prioritise and multi-task in an environment where workloads can escalate quickly. A ‘can do’ attitude is important and experience in the public sector and/or the construction industry would be advantageous.
You will also offer the following:
- Good commercial nous – an understanding of what drives good service value and how to identify and minimise key commercial risks
- Impeccable time management and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally a Tertiary or industry qualification in a related field
- Some experience in data analysis and reporting
This opportunity will provide the right candidate with interesting and challenging work and the ability to develop and grow their career.
Please review the position description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyPlease review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: http://expressonline.hainesattract.co.nz/pdfs/582940_JobDesc.pdf Please visit our website to apply for the role. Applications close at midnight on Sunday, 25 February 2018.
424 total views, 4 today