Full-Time Procurement Category Manager – IT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Procurement Category Manager, IT
The University of Auckland is seeking applications for the role of IT Procurement Category Manager. This role is within a small team of experienced procurement professionals and is responsible for establishing and managing university-wide agreements for software, IT hardware and telecommunications products and services.
About the role
- You will develop and execute effective procurement strategies that satisfy customer requirements and deliver cost savings, including management of the end to end “go to market” exercise and negotiation process.
- You’ll manage contract and supplier performance, ensuring compliance and actively drive cost and efficiency improvements in the end-to-end supply chain.
- You’ll be our source of market and supply intelligence, and pivotal to optimising opportunities and delivering benefits for the University.
- You’ll also carry out analysis and reporting that supports procurement initiatives and stakeholder requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- Our ideal candidate will hold a tertiary degree in a relevant discipline; such qualification in Commerce or Law would be advantageous.
- You will have experience in procurement, supplier management or commercial management, ideally within an IT environment
- You will be highly analytical, confident at utilising data analysis to identify procurement opportunities.
- You will also be commercially astute, with a sound understanding of contract law and commercial legislation.
- Naturally, you will be self-driven and an excellent communicator with a diverse stakeholder audience, and working collaboratively with beneficiaries.
Embedded with the University’s IT services, IT Procurement has a direct report line to Strategic Procurement in Finance, and dotted reporting line to Director of Digital Strategy and Architecture.
The team partners with IT groups to provide technology sourcing guidance, best practice and services to the University by engaging business units and user communities on their technology requirements.
The University of Auckland is truly a great place to work and we are committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday 4th August to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20889. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Sunday 4th August
302 total views, 1 today