Full-Time Principal Advisor, Technical and Capability
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
The Provider Assurance Group (PAG) is a key part of Early Learning Operations and Funding, within the Sector Enablement and Support Group in the Ministry.
Our key areas of focus are:
- the prevention and detection of financial mismanagement and fraud in the early learning sector
- Building sector capability and partnering with the sector to strengthen financial management practices
- Providing confidence to the Ministry, sector and public that funding is used appropriately.
About this role
The Provider Assurance Group is a new function at the Ministry. As such you will be excited about being part of a leadership team that is responsible for building a unique and successful capability from the ground up.
The Principal Advisor, Technical and Capability is critical to the Provider Assurance Group’s success. You will be responsible for the review and examination of financial records with a view to identifying instances of financial mismanagement and fraud and presenting your analysis to a standard that will withstand legal scrutiny. You will work closely with our investigative capability and lead our efforts to upskill our people in understanding indicators of fraud and assisting the sector to improve financial management practices.
This is a truly unique opportunity and we are seeking candidates who are equally as excited as we are
To be successful you will need as follows:
- Proven work experience as a Chartered Accountant
- Experience with accounting and financial procedures
- Experience in forensic accounting
- Strong investigative and analytical skills
- Excellent numeracy skills with an ability to spot inaccuracies
- The ability to handle confidential information
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Significant relationship building including liaising with, communicating to, consulting with, and influencing stakeholders
- Ability to convey abstract and/or complex ideas in clear, practical terms, tailored for the audience
- Resilience to deal with pressure
Are you ready to make a difference?
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi’s guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
We are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds as we know how important it is to build teams with a range of voices and lived experiences. It is important our teams are diverse and have a broad understanding of the education system and how to ensure it meets the needs of all New Zealanders. Please review the Job Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button.
For further information, please contact Judy Walsh at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Thursday, 30 September 2021.
Please review the position description by copying and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/699206_JobDesc.pdf
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website: https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobtools/jncustomsearch.viewFullSingle?in_organid=17584&in_jnCounter=224821246&in_jobDate=All&in_searchbox=YES&in_summary=S&in_site=CareersSite Applications close at midnight on Thursday, 30 September 2021.
153 total views, 1 today