Fixed-term Principal Advisor Pacific – Oranga Tamariki – Wellington or Auckland
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Secondment/fixed-term opportunity until December 2021
- Make a difference to New Zealand’s children and young people
- Influence positive change at a strategic level
- Ensure the voices of Pacific tamariki and rangatahi are heard
Who are we?
Putting children first guides everything we do here at Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children. Along with that, we value fairness and sincerity. We treat fānau with respect and we think long-term. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders. Our vision is: New Zealand values wellbeing of tamariki above all else. Our purpose is to ensure all tamariki are in loving fānau and communities where oranga can be realised.
What your role will be?
You will be part of a dynamic, passionate and committed unit responsible for supporting the organisation to achieve better outcomes for Pacific tamariki, rangatahi and their families. Applying a Pacific lens, particularly in the key focus areas, for our Pacific children is a shared responsibility across the organisation. Your role will be to guide and support the organisation using key priorities from the Oranga Tamariki Pacific strategy.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- demonstrated experience in working in the government sector
- a strategic focus and actively been involved in strategic planning processes
- great problem-solving skills and able to break down complex situations
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- a deep understanding of and experience in the design, planning and delivery of effective services for Pacific tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- ability to influence others and get them on board with your approach
- demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with Pacific stakeholders (this would be an advantage).
What’s on offer?
We offer a collaborative and innovative culture where our people thrive to adhere to best practice while constantly challenging the status quo making each workday interesting. Working with a team who are leading key projects and initiatives across government sectors. There will also be the opportunity to find creative solutions to challenges in a role where accountability, integrity, courage, respect for oneself and others and striving for excellence are highly valued.
How to apply?
Please apply by clicking the ‘apply’ button below, applications must be made online. Please ensure you upload your CV and covering letter as they are an important part of your application.
Internal Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as an internal candidate.
All external applicants including MSD employees – please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter. Please note, all applications must be made online.
How to ApplyInternal Oranga Tamariki employees - please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as an internal candidate. All external applicants including MSD employees - please apply through our website and upload your CV and cover letter. Please note, all applications must be made online. Applications close on Sunday, 7 February 2021.
202 total views, 2 today