Full-Time Principal Advisor, Asset Management and Analysis
- Exciting role in the Health Infrastructure Unit
- Your opportunity to have impact – apply your significant policy and advisory experience and shape work in an important and interesting area
- Contribute to our health system and improve outcomes for all New Zealanders
Te whainga poto o tēnei tūranga – What is the purpose of this position?
We are looking for an experienced Principal Advisor to lead key work streams relating to capital investment. This is a critical role to ensure that we are meeting our capital and infrastructure objectives and involves working across central agencies and District Health Boards.
Key responsibilities include the delivery of strategic and operational policy and advice in support of asset management and the broader HIU work programme. This role will provide expert advice to improve the quality of delivery of the group’s work programme.
You will provide advice and leadership to the work of the asset management and analysis team.
This is a great opportunity to make your mark and contribute your skills and experience in our newly-established Health Infrastructure Unit.
Mō tō mātou rōpū – About our team
Within the Ministry of Health, we are establishing a Health Infrastructure Unit to help support and guide health capital strategy and management over the next decade. This exciting new area has responsibility for oversight of District Health Board capital business cases, service planning and asset management, as well as the delivery of some of the key capital redevelopments (including new hospitals) across the country. This is challenging and rewarding work to deliver important health infrastructure projects. Health infrastructure has a vital role in ensuring New Zealanders have access to high quality health services.
Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako – Skills and experience
To be successful, you will need the following qualities:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or working knowledge of the health and social sectors
- Significant experience in leading the delivery of policy and advice within the public sector
- Proven strategic and thought leadership skills that support project design, development and implementation
- Previous experience in applying critical thinking and using sound judgement to develop options and provide advice about complex issues clearly and concisely to a range of audiences
- Strong relationship management skills and experience in engaging with a range of sector groups and agencies, knowing what is important to key stakeholders
- Previous experience and ability working in complex central government environments and a thorough understanding of the machinery of Government
- Significant experience in providing advice to Ministers and driving work programmes to ensure delivery of work is to the expected quality
- A deep understanding and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations
- Commitment to improving equity of health outcome
Ngā uaratanga – Our Ministry values
The Ministry of Health is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nations health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.
Me pēhea te tuku tono – How to apply
Please click apply for this job to upload your CV and cover letter.You will find a copy of the position description attached or online at careers.health.govt.nz
For further information regarding the role, please contact Catherine at Catherine.Walsh@health.govt.nz, quoting reference number MOH/1564990.
Advertising for this role closes at 11:59pm on Tuesday, 28 September 2021.
Please note we will be progressing applications as they come in.We encourage diversity and inclusion at the Ministry of Health and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at email@example.com or on +64 4 816 2478 if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
How to ApplyApply here: https://careers.health.govt.nz/jobs/MOH-1564990 Advertising for this role closes at 11:59pm on Tuesday, 28 September 2021.
53 total views, 7 today