Temporary Principal Advisor
Ko tā mātou he waihanga i tētahi pūnaha mātauranga e tuku ai he otinga tōkeke, he otinga hiranga
We work together to shape an education system that delivers excellent and equitable outcomes.
- Pivotal role to improve learning support outcomes for children and young people
- Identify and progress opportunities to improve learning and education outcomes for children and young people with learning support needs
- Nine month fixed-term, full-time position based in National Office
- Internal and external secondments welcome
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Education touches every person, whānau and community in New Zealand and is a major contributor to improving our society and economy. We do this by working with others to ensure the children, young people and students of the future are competent, connected, life-long learners.
This role is based in the Learning Support team within Sector Enablement and Support. One in five children and young people receive some form of learning support throughout their early learning and schooling education.
The Principal Advisor, System Innovation will provide strong intellectual, analytical and professional leadership on a range of system-level learning support improvements and opportunities. The role makes a significant contribution to the development of advice on complex matters, as well as wider Ministry and Government strategies. You will lead work on progressing aspects of the Learning Support Action plan, and contribute to our work on long term investment.
To be successful you will need the following:
- Experience in thought leadership and providing influential advice
- Demonstrated ability to lead programmes of work within a strategic framework set by senior leaders
- Experience in ensuring that your analysis and advice reflects the cultural values, aspirations and particular needs of Māori and working with Māori frameworks
- Sound judgement, well developed critical thinking skills and the ability to analyse information, develop options and think strategically
What’s on offer
Our work is challenging and very rewarding and this is a unique opportunity to work at a system level to strengthen the results from government’s investment in learning support.
If the role sounds of interest and you have the capability we require we would love to hear from you.
How to ApplyPlease review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/644111_JobDesc.pdf If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role. If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail contact Pamela Cohen, Group Manager, System Innovation and Strategic Design, firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close on Wednesday, 11 December 2019.
132 total views, 10 today