Permanent Principal Advisers
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (the Ministry) acts in the world to make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. We do this by building connections with and influencing other countries to advance New Zealand’s interests and project New Zealand values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
We are looking to enhance and extend the capability of the Ministry across a wide spectrum of activity, including foreign policy, development, trade, and support services – all with the aim of delivering on the Government’s priorities.
We have a variety of Principal Adviser opportunities across the Ministry. The Principal Adviser roles are varied and each offer scope to influence and provide exciting new steps in a global, public sector career.
If you are looking to make a difference to New Zealand’s position on the global stage, have a look at our job descriptions attached for further details on the individual opportunities. We support a range of flexible work options for all positions.
As the successful candidate, you will report to the Deputy Secretary, and be responsible for providing leadership and expertise across strategic policy and organisational areas to enable delivery of the Ministry’s strategic outcomes and results.
In this role you will be the lead planner for the Group, assisting with capability development and contributing to Ministry-wide programmes and initiatives. In addition, you will lead or support delivery of complex policy projects within the Group.
You will have an opportunity to use your expertise in the following areas:
- Lead strategy and policy development and implementation
- Lead high-level diplomatic engagement in pursuit of New Zealand’s interests
- Lead and manage specific work programmes and projects
• Lead business planning and performance monitoring • Lead stakeholder engagement initiatives
Come and work with us to help ensure we continue to deliver in a fast-paced and changing world, promote trade, and expand and complete trade agreements.
- Principal Adviser, Europe Middle East, Africa and Australia Group [PDF, 289 KB]
- Principal Adviser, Multilateral and Legal Affairs Group [PDF, 270 KB]
- Lead Negotiator, Prinicipal Advisers and Lead Negotiators, Trade and Economic Group [PDF, 174 KB]
1. Where you are applying for multiple roles across job levels e.g. x2 applications for Unit Manager and x1 application for Principal Adviser, a separate application form must be completed for each job type, noting that the application form provides for the opportunity to address the specific motivation and experience for each job type.
2. Where you are applying for multiple roles at the same job type e.g. seven Unit Manager roles, only one application form is required, noting that the application form provides the opportunity to address the specific motivation and experience for each role.
3. The application form will also allow staff to rank the positions they are applying for in order of preference.
|I am applying for….||My application requires….|
|A specialist role||For each role I am applying for
|Multiple roles across different job types, i.e. Unit Manager, Lead Adviser||For each job level I am applying for
|More than one role at the same job type (i.e. 2 or more Unit Manager role)||
Applications for all vacancies will close at 12:00 noon on Monday, 17 September 2018. The application form can be found here.
Late applications will not be accepted.
How to ApplyClick here to find out more, or to apply. Applications for all vacancies will close at 12:00 noon on Monday, 17 September 2018. The application form can be found here. Late applications will not be accepted.
500 total views, 3 today