Full-Time Practicum Manager
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Student and Academic Services
- Advert Closing Date: 12/12/2019
- Campus: Epsom Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 00016180
The University of Auckland’s Faculty of Education and Social Work provides for the education of teachers, social workers and counsellors and supports the development of education and training in schools, colleges, social services as well as other professional settings.
The Faculty of Education and Social Work offers research-informed undergraduate programmes in education, teacher education and social work, including specialist qualifications in the areas of te reo Māori primary teaching. The Faculty also offers a full range of postgraduate programmes, professional development opportunities, consultancy and support services for teachers, educators, schools, principals, social workers, counsellors and those in social services.
Reporting to the Academic Services Manager, this position presents the opportunity to play a key role in the success of our students, in NZ’s leading tertiary institution.
You will lead and provide operational leadership and management to a team of two highly skilled Practicum Coordinators.
Key accountabilities for this position include, but not limited to:
- Manage the Practicum team.
- Oversee the Practicum’s financial operation.
- Manage practicum related systems and records.
- Provide prompt communication and maintain effective relationships with students, related stakeholders and external agencies.
- Provide support to Faculty and school staff involved in practicum projects.
What we need:
- Must be able to show innovation and strive for continuous improvement. This includes being perceptive to how processes could be improved, not afraid to question the status quo and implement change.
- Be a fantastic people-leader, able to recognise talent and motivate team members to meet strategic goals.
- Have excellent communication skills and pride yourself on delivering the highest level of service to our customers.
- Proficiency in using computerised systems including reporting databases.
- A bachelor’s degree or a relevant tertiary qualification.
Why work with us
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
We also offer a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, discounted childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Thursday, 12 December 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz.
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Thursday 12th December 2019.
150 total views, 12 today