Full-Time Pouako – Whangarei
- 37.5 hours per week
- Piki mai ki runga i tō mātou waka!
Kei te wātea te tūnga pouako i Te Rito Maioha, mo te whakangungu kaiako.
Mehemea i ā koe te tohu kaiako, e matatau ana ki te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori, tukua mai to tono mo tenei mahi.
Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand – a dynamic bicultural organisation committed to supporting high quality early childhood education through initial teacher education.
Interested in a Pouako/Cultural Advisor role? Are you a competent and confident speaker of te reo Māori, are you able to demonstrate authentic knowledge of tikanga practices and protocols? Utilise your skills and experience to inspire student teachers to reflect treaty principles in their studies whilst incorporating a cultural leadership role at our teaching base.
You will have:
- fluency in te reo Māori
- knowledge of ngā tikanga within the Whangarei rohe
- experience/interest teaching adults at tertiary level
- ability contextualising te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori in ECE
- knowledge and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- willingness to engage in further study
- interest in undertaking research
- excellent interpersonal/organisational skills
- current full driver’s licence and vehicle for work use
- teacher registration, essential.
Work within a collaborative team at Whangarei teaching base, join a vibrant team of Pouako throughout Aotearoa who teach and provide leadership in mātauranga Māori me te reo Māori, who share commitment to bicultural early childhood curriculum.
We can offer a competitive salary, generous study leave and professional development, plus opportunities for involvement in research.
Visit our website to view position description.
For further information, email email@example.com or contact Arapera Card, Pouhere Kaupapa Māori 07 8504971/027 230 2593.
Applications close 10am 7th April 2020, apply via SEEK.
Applicants must hold New Zealand residency or a NZ work permit.
How to ApplyFor further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Arapera Card, Pouhere Kaupapa Māori 07 8504971/027 230 2593. Applications close 10am 7th April 2020, apply via SEEK. Applicants must hold New Zealand residency or a NZ work permit.
303 total views, 7 today