Full-Time Pou Whirinaki (x2)
- Ready to utilize your life experience and cultural knowledge to empower people
- To foster and support reconnecting people to /of whanau/hapū/marae
- Join a fast-paced growing organisation committed to service excellence.
Seeking a professional Pou Whirinaki to provide cultural guidance to staff, clients and whānau regarding tikanga best practices.
He kaupapa hirahira tēnei mo tētahi tangata ngākau nui nei ki te hiki I te mana o te tangata, ā I te hapai I te ora o te tangata. Mā te kanohi o te Ao Māori tēnei kaupapa e arahi ki tōna putanga whaihua.
Kāhui Tū Kaha is a community mental health and social housing organisation under the auspices of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Whātua. It is a well-established an innovative provider and characterized by its diversity and commitment to health and social outcomes for everyone.
Someone who is energetic, positive, confident, has respect for others, with an empathetic manner and is keen to make a difference in the lives of our clients. Ideally, you will have had experience supporting people and a good understanding of culturally appropriate delivery of health and social services.
About the role:
This is role offers you the opportunity to provide support and guidance with the implementation and best practice development of Te whare Tapa Whā health model and to ensure that a culturally responsive whānau ora approach is considered. To strengthen and maintain positive working relationships with Iwi Māori and other Māori Health provides.
What you will need to have:
- Sound proficiency level of Te Reo Māori me ōna tikanga is essential
- Sound understanding of tikanga and Te Ao Māori
- Knowledge of Kaupapa Māori
- An understanding of Te whare Tapa Whā model
- Ability to inspire and motivate people to achieve their goals
- Experience in counselling, pastoral outreach
- Experienced networker with an ability to build and utilise community resources
- Commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi .
All applicants must have New Zealand Residency, a full and clean driver’s licence and a clean police record.
As the successful applicant, you will enjoy working within an open, supportive, culturally diverse working environment that will offer you further growth and career development opportunities.
Our values are: Manaakitanga, Rangatiratanga, Whakawhanaungatanga
Toitū te kupu, toitū te mana, toitū te whenua
How to ApplyTo apply, please send a covering letter and updated CV email@example.com. Applications close on Wednesday 28th April 2021 at 5pm.
1459 total views, 7 today