Fixed-term Pou Tautoko Team Administrator
Pou Tautoko Team Administrator
Part-time fixed term position (6 months)
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas
Tāmaki Paenga Hira Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its world-class collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum’s stories.
Our Māori and Pacific Development team has a 6-month fixed term opportunity for a motivated and dynamic person to provide administration support to assist with the achievement of the team’s strategic and operational objectives. This role will be responsible for arranging and coordinating events, training, workshops, fono, wānanga and hui, and supporting the Teu Le Vā Manager with the coordination and administration of the Pacific Advisory Board meetings.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Basic proficiency of Te Reo, tikanga Māori and knowledge of iwi and Māori organisations, groups and networks across the Auckland region and Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Basic proficiency of at least one Pacific language, Pacific protocols and knowledge of Pacific communities, organisations, groups and networks across Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand and the Pacific.
- Proven administration and coordination skills experience.
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to establish rapport with people at variety of levels.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to assess or interpret complex information and work methodically and accurately.
- Demonstrate a professional approach and excellent standard of personal presentation and maturity.
- A strong team person who is flexible, contributes constructively to team goals and activities, and can work independently as needed.
Closing date: 5pm on Wednesday, 23 October 2019.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
Tāmaki Paenga Hira Auckland Museum offers a rich and fulfilling work life where we embrace diversity and nurture our bicultural capability as demonstrated in our Teu le Vā and He Korahi Māori strategies. We also offer a range of great benefits such as flexible work and leave and an award-winning wellbeing programme.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the Pacific.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao
Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries
To apply for this job, please click Apply or go to our job site and enter the job code 15912AC2.
How to ApplyTo apply for this job, please click Apply or go to our job site and enter the job code 15912AC2. Applications Close: 23rd October 2019.
159 total views, 10 today