Ongoing Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Permanent, full or part-time considered
Nelson or West Coast based position
Applications are invited from suitably experienced Physiotherapists or Occupational Therapists looking for a new direction and an opportunity to develop or broaden a career in education.
The successful applicant will work primarily with children and young people who have physical disability needs and students verified on the Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS). There will also be a component of co-working for ORS students who are not verified under a physical criteria.
The role of Physiotherapists/Occupational Therapists within the education sector include the following:
- Observing, assessing and working closely with students with physical and/or sensory needs as barriers to participating or learning
- Supporting students to manage themselves in their daily lives in the learning/educational setting
- Identifying, setting up, providing advice and support about any necessary environmental changes and/or modifications
- Identifying, setting up, providing advice and any necessary support regarding any equipment and technology requirements a student may need
- Working collaboratively with students, their parents and caregivers, schools and other specialists to support them to participate and achieve educationally
- Provision of specific therapy within the school setting
- Undertaking property assessments in the school environment
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy or an equivalent qualification
- New Zealand Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy Board registration
- A current annual Practising certificate
- A current full driver’s licence
- Relevant experience in paediatrics and/or Learning Support is preferred
If you require further information, please contact Christine Curnow at email@example.com or on 03 539 1518.
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role. Applications close Sunday, 22 July 2018.
157 total views, 1 today