This position is based in either Nelson or Blenheim.
Applications are invited from suitably experienced Physiotherapists looking for a new direction and an opportunity to develop or broaden a career in education.
The successful applicant will work primarily with children and young people who have physical disability needs and students verified on the Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS). There will also be a component of co-working for ORS students who are not verified under a physical criteria.
The role of Physiotherapists within the education sector include the following:
- Observing, assessing and working closely with students with physical needs who have been identified as having barriers to participating or learning
- Supporting students to be able to manage themselves in their daily lives in the learning/educational setting
- Identifying, setting up, providing advice and support about any necessary environmental changes and/or modifications.
- Identifying, setting up, providing advice and any necessary support regarding any equipment and technology requirements a student may need
- Working collaboratively with students, their parents and caregivers, schools and other specialists to support them to participate and achieve educationally
- Provision of specific therapy within the school setting e.g. implementation of stretching programmes and monitoring these types of plans as well as some coordination with specialists from other agencies such as health, as necessary
- Undertaking property assessments in the school environment
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy/ Physiotherapy or an equivalent qualification
- New Zealand Occupational Therapy/ Physiotherapy Board registration
- A current annual Practising Certificate
- A current full driver’s licence
- Relevant experience in paediatrics and/or Learning Support is preferred
If you require further information, please contact Christine Curnow at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 539 1518.
How to Apply
Please review the position description here.
If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.
Applications close Sunday, 24 June 2018.
125 total views, 10 today