Permanent Personal Assistant and Residence Manager – Apia, Samoa
Main purpose of job:
To organise the UK High Commissioner’s meetings and diary, maintain access to senior contacts, write official letters including on protocol issues, and to provide administrative support to the UK High Commissioner and the Deputy High Commissioner (DHC), to organise and run the official Residence for official events/visitors, and to oversee its maintenance and human resources.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Personal Assistant (40%)
- Organise the High Commissioner’s diary and arrange meetings for his and the Deputy High Commissioner.
- Maintain an accurate senior-level contact list (diplomats, government ministries, business, NGOs etc).
- Maintain access to senior level contacts (ministries, Head of State, Prime Minister etc) and ensure local protocol procedures are carried out properly.
- Provide administrative support to the High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner, such as arranging travel, note-taking, and drafting letters.
Residence Manager (40%)
- Directed by the High Commissioner to organise official events and guests at the Residence
- Manage the food stock at the Residence.
- Prepare basic food items for official visitors.
- Provide the Corporate Services Officer (CSO) with written reports on the Residence when requested.
- Lead on ensuring the efficient running of the Residence, such as managing a Residence furniture maintenance programme.
- Assist the CSO to plan Residence projects.
Human Resources (20%)
- Assist DHC with terms and conditions of service for local staff and ensure compatibility with local labour law, and with UK health & safety regulations.
- Working closely with the HR Hub to provide guidance on sensitive staff matters for both diplomatic and locally employed staff, including management issues and dispute resolution.
- Working closely with the Pay and Benefits Team of the HR Hub to ensure local staff pay scales and performance related pay increases are reviewed regularly and fairly. Monitor expenditure on pay to ensure it remains within budget allocation
Other duties as necessary and as determined by the High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of local government ministries
- Intermediate levels of IT knowledge (sending e-mails, electronic diary management etc)
- Good track-record of dealing with senior customers
- Fluent spoken and written English; Fluent spoken and written Samoan
How to ApplyOnly applications submitted via our vacancies portal will be considered. To apply, kindly refer to the following link:
Deadline of applications is on 20 August 2019.
401 total views, 8 today