Full-Time Payroll Consultant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: HR Services
- Advert Closing Date: 29/01/2020
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 00001069
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading University and employs over 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
We are looking to appoint a Payroll Consultant to join our team on a full-time and permanent basis.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a team that is widely respected, is customer-oriented and operates in an environment where people are valued and there is a real commitment to delivering excellence every time.
You will be responsible for either part of a large portfolio or have entire ownership of a mid-sized portfolio responsible for managing the end to end payroll cycle including payroll finalisation, General Ledger, deductions and other associated processes.
Good analytical skills will enable you to understand and analyse daily data integrity reports with the ability to interpret complex processing issues as they arise. Daily management of your portfolio includes onboarding employees and liaising with the Faculty or Service Division you support for resolution of any issues as well as the management of daily queries to ensure prompt and timely processing. You will also need to use your initiative to mitigate any potential risk to the University.
This role will require a flexible and proactive approach in order to be a success.
For more information on the role, please view the position description.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will tick the following boxes:
- Demonstrate experience in dealing with a range of payroll administration tasks
- Good knowledge of NZ Payroll legislation and familiarity with HR processes
- Strong analytical skills in order to interpret data
- Experience using PeopleSoft or a similar payroll database system is advantageous – we will provide training if you don’t have experience in Peoplesoft
- Has Initiative and resilience, coupled with high attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and strong organisational skills
- A team player but also able to work autonomously.
- And finally, an interest in continuous improvement, we are always looking at ways to make things better and improve processes
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland (42,000 students) is New Zealand’s leading university and is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Wednesday 29th of January 2020 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
Please regularly check your email (including junk inbox) for updates on your application.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: 29th January 2020.
193 total views, 2 today