Permanent Pasifika Relations Advisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Passionate about building a better future for our Pasifika students and community?
We are passionate, we are genuine, we are honest and we care for others in order to nurture the ability of others to achieve – Manaakitanga – We are Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT).
In the midst of a positive and progressive transformation we want to lead MIT to a better future for our Pasifika students and community. MIT recognises the special obligation we have to serve the people, communities and employers of Counties Manukau and that achieving excellence in tertiary education is critical to both our mission and to the future economic and social prosperity of New Zealand.
Embedded in our day to day activities is our commitment to the goals of the MIT Pasifika Strategy
- Goal One: Transform Pasifika Student Success
- Goal Two: Establish Pasifika Powerful Connections
- Goal Three: Strengthen Academic Quality
- Goal Four: Grow Pasifika Capability
We are inspired and driven to increase our Pasifika students and community participation at all level. This role will work with the Pasifika Development Office (PDO) and is part of the team that promotes community engagement, advancing media relations and communications for the PDO Team.
Based at our Pasifika Community Centre, this key role reports to our Senior Pasifika Manager and is an integral part of the PDO team. Creating and fostering new internal and external relationships to promote MIT as a culturally intelligent community partner and preferred vocational tertiary education provider will be the essential.
This varied role includes the following responsibilities:
- Enhance the presence of the Pasifika Community Centre in the community through planned and targeted marketing , PR and communications campaigns
- Work with the Pasifika Community Advisory Board to leverage their community knowledge and links to promote MIT’s brand
- Work with Student Journey to create and roll out MIT external and international student attraction strategies
- Work with internal Pasifika staff to foster capability and capacity
- Ensure Pacific cultural intelligence maintains a high priority both internally and externally
- Create external opportunities for students (working relationships and meaningful employment)
- Co-construct a plan of external strategy actions to build MIT’s presence in the community
- Review and analyse strategies, support projects, events and initiatives to improve student outcomes
This is a collaborative role where you will work closely with team members and the Senior Pasifika Manager. You will need experience in developing strategy and strong community relationships and will bring strong interpersonal and coordination skills combined with the ability to relate to a wide range of people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
Ideally you would have been in a similar role, be self-directed, goal-oriented, organised and have the ability to work simultaneously on a number of projects at the same time. You’ve established positive network and a profile in NZ along with strong understanding of Pasifika cultures, pedagogies and philosophies. This role is not for the faint-hearted as we have a lot of work to do so you will need to be a forward thinker to seize all aspects of this role.
How to ApplyJob Reference: 26697 For a copy of the Job Description or to apply visit http://careers.manukau.ac.nz If you would like any further information please contact Alison Redfern Daly, Talent Acquisition Consultant 09 968 8759 Applications close: Thursday, 14th November, 2019
201 total views, 3 today